Friday, December 30

Ennis Loved Jack

For those of you who have seen Brokeback Mountain (and really those who haven't as well), this is the full text of Anne Proulx's short story which appeared in The New Yorker in '97ish. Not done yet, but I like what I've read. The movie seems to be a very good adaptation as well. Anyway, just thought I'd make it available. Enjoy.



UPDATE: I finished the story. Very good. I cried at the end. The movie's just as good; exactly what it should have been.
Also, just in case I get accused of so vulgar an action....


por�nog�ra�phy

n.
  1. Sexually explicit pictures, writing, or other material whose primary purpose is to cause sexual arousal
The primary purpose of Brokeback is not sexual arousal. It was written for aesthetic purposes. Neither I nor the author is respnosible for any arousal that may take place while reading the story.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i saw brokeback mountain the other nite...wish i hadnt...too intense for a "in the theatre" movie...its more of a "wait till it comes out on rental" deal...

Peter said...

Oh, bah. No movie is too intense for theaters. Except for maybe the most graphic of horror films. But I didn't get "too intense" from it. Just appropriately intense.