Tuesday, April 17

Shit, They're Learning. We're Doomed.

I use adblockers on every browser but Camino. I don't see ads. I'm in fact continually shocked that I don't recognize familiar sites like facebook or even reddit any more when I see them on other people's browsers. Well today I was again shocked (and impressed) with Cingular's newest unblockable internet ad campaign. It's quite ingenious to tile your logo as a background image. It's unblockable! Well, not really, but it would be annoying to even have an extension on, say, Firefox to block all background images. You win, Cingular / at&t. You win this round.

I should mention that the only site I actually turn off my adblocker is Google whose wonderful, unobtrusive contextual ads I hope are the way of the future in online advertising. They don't scream, hiss, buzz, or talk to / at you.

1 comment:

porgie said...

So I just re-discovered your blog. I added it to the list of blogs I read everyday instead of doing anything that could contribute significantly to society.



George