Tuesday, April 24

Bullet Time Survey Answers

I just took part in a study on video games' effect on aggression. My observations:

  • Max Payne is too complicated
  • the X-Box's controller is too complicated
  • the game's graphic novel-style cutscenes were my favorite part yet influenced the game little
  • the questionaire did a poor job of analyzing aggression

For instance, we had to fill in the blanks of words to complete them.
"ki_ _" and "b_h_ _ _" became "kiss" and "behave." I wasn't sure which way I wanted to skew the statistics so I used those instead of "kill" and "behead." I did consider going the other way and taking something like "b_e" (which I filled in as "bee"), scratching it out and writing in blood (not mine) "I SHALL DEVOUR YOUR FIRSTBORN."

Some of the other questions seemed to be directed at how engrossed I was in the game / how aware I was of my surroundings. (For a while I was watching someone else play the game in the reflection on my screen. It was also interesting to listen to how quickly the others progressed based on the cutscenes' dialogue.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Playing the PC versions of those games changes the playability and funitude of Max Payne.