Friday, September 17

5l33pl355n355

Have you ever had one of those days where you just woke up and went to school or work tired the entire day? Yeah that's pretty much how my week went. I have been really, really tired this week and it'sweird because I stayed up this late (indeed later on some nights) for the past three years and have never had a problem. I just want to sleep but unfortunately I am not going to get a chance to do that. I don't know if I mentioned this yet, but I have to go to the baseball game tonight to celebrate my mom's birthday which means we won't be getting home until at least 11:30. To make matters worse, I have a cross country race tomorrow which twice features a hill popularly known as "Man Maker" and I am really not looking forward to havnig to run that on so few hours of sleep. Well, at least I have an easy practice today; that's not much consolation though.Maybe I'll just sleep through this race and in doing so invoke the wrath of my bitter, bitter (bitter) coach. On second thought, I really don't want to miss cinnamon bagels from Einstein bros, so I may show up just for that.

My theology teacher is having us read, review, and reflect upon books. I chose The Great Divorce and The Screwtape Letters, both by dearest Clive Staples de Lewis. They were okay books, and read very quickly. I'm glad to have finished them. Now I just need to finish up The Scarlet Letter by the 27th for 2% English Extra Credit (tastes much better than Skim English Extra Credit) .I'm not far enough into that book to know whether or not I like it. Wow I'm rambling about books now. Okay this has to stop.

Ah yes before I go, I must mention that our spirit week came to a close with the most disgusting display of human flesh, bottles of Crisco, enough beans to feed Star Jones for a day, and unusually large dil pickles that I have ever seen. The basic premise of "wet billies" is that after the contestants get Criscoed until movie theater popcorn looks healthy, the contestants have a relay race on a tarp loaded up with a wide variety of condiments, which when combined creates the most horrible, rancid stink the likes of which were previously unknown even to sanitation workers and anyone who has ever gone into the school locker room after certain individuals who intentionally abandoned the popular practice of "sock wearing" during a cross country practice have stored their shoes there. Luckily Spirit Week is now over and the overall public display of idiocy should subside for a time (at least until Freshman Fun Day next Friday.) I must be off to class now. Wouldn't want to miss a minute of The Insider.

(6 Gmail Invites remain)

473r.

No comments: