Wednesday, March 1

Front Row on Tiger

I own a Powerbook G4. The second to last one released with G4 on the end. And Power on the front for that matter. Anyway, front row was, unfortunately, unavailable for users who don't have the built-in iSight. Until now. Front Row. Is. Amazing. I'm working on syncing it with my cell phone via blutooth. (My cellphone!) Anyway, I'm ecstatic right now. I'm also ignoring the shitload of work I have to do right now. Anyway, this is good news for me and anyone else who hasn't run out to buy a new computer from apple in the last month.


Screenshot taken from article.

UPDATE: I just configured Front Row's very own speech commands. I can navigate now without even touching my computer. I'm one step closer to actually having a working remote. Romeo, the application used in the tutorial to use your cell phone as a remote, is not recognizing my phone which means I'm either going to have to buy the AirClick remote, or invest in a Bluetooth headset. The headset looks rather promising as it could work on my computer and on my phone. Also, it will solve the problem of not being able to enter commands while music is playing (the background noise disrupts commands.) Anyway, Front Row is lots of fun. Check it out.

No comments: