Wednesday, January 18

Macworld Shits and Giggles

I just watched Steve Jobs' Keynote presentation at Macworld 2006. I'm sure you've all heard about the new releases and whatnot. If you haven't then you probably don't care. There are a few things I haven't seen in any of the press released though that I found quite amusing. First, while making a faux podcast, he included a rumor about an 8 lb ipod. It came with this picture. Pretty neat.

The other interesting little quip of Steve's (I can't take that name seriously.) was in reference to the G5 processor. He was talking about how Apple couldn't squeeze a G5 into a Powerbook and have a battery life longer than 15 seconds. They consulted, he said, every leading authority they could think of. Including, evidently, the best trained Sith warriors:

Honesly, my jaw dropped when I saw that. He's potentially cutting off all his (orthodox) Catholic mac owners. He must feel pretty comfortable with sales if he can do that. Hopefully the Catholic League wasn't watching.

Also, and I'm terribly sorry I have to mark this one as hearsay because I don't have an article to support this, I was talking with my friend Dan who told me that Fred Phelps just found out that Adobe, who makes the software necessary to create PDFs, gives a lot of money to gay-friendly organizations and charities. I'm hoping this means we won't be getting any more of his faux press releases. Cross your fingers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apple has always been allied with the devil. For Christ's sake (NPI) have you seen their logo? Not to mention that the original rainbow was an allusion to the Pride rainbow (long story). I don't think they're sweating over poking fun at the papacy.

Additionally, the nice thing about the majority of Catholics (those not belonging to Opus Dei anyhow) are so lax and critical of the papacy that I don't think anyone's really gonna get offended. Just hope that your parents don't watch the keynote. ;) They might take your PowerBook again.

Love and Lollipops!
Peter

PS - I wonder what kind of computer Maureen uses?

banzaimonkey said...

He's potentially cutting off all his (orthodox) Catholic mac owners.

All five of 'em. Hehe.

Peter said...

PS - I wonder what kind of computer Maureen uses?

I dunno. There are protestant groups protesting MS now for their pro-gay policies too. That leaves her with Linux and she's not smart enough to use that.

All five of 'em. Hehe.

My parents, my grandparents on my mom's side, and the pope. >_<

Peter said...

PS, how is the rainbow apple a long story to being a gay pride allusion?

banzaimonkey said...

My parents, my grandparents on my mom's side, and the pope. >_<

Well, that certainly makes censorship pretty easy.