Monday, August 22

Why Can't I Own A Canadian?

I found another great article, this one written to a homophobic, Jewish radio personality who used Levitcus 18:22 ("Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.") as an argument against homosexuality because apparently a coherent and well thought-out argument is good enough to straighten out ever gay man (and woman) out there. The article lists a slew of other outdated Old Testament laws.
I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
The radio host never answered. Anyway, the really weird thing about this article is that it was posted on a Mormon humanist website. The Mormon church is not the most accepting of homosexuals. In fact, they're so bad, they made a movie about it. It's a weird romantic comedy/tragedy. It gets really depressing at parts beyond the usual "I'm moving to Tokyo because you broke my heart." in straight romantic comedies. No no no, this is much more Shakespearian and tragic, and for about a good third of the film you think one of the main characters committed suicide. But what kind of a shitty movie would that be, right? In the end (no pun intended) the two guys get back together and love each other forever. The end.

2 comments:

puc said...

that is hilarious. my favorite line "couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws?" that's soooo much easier than a public stoning.

we need more neighboring nations to provide more slaves. the mexicans are okay, but they're very clich�. and apparently canadians are illegal (i have a feeling they'd whine anyway). what about japanese? they're hard working and kinda neighboring....

your profile state you are in boston, although i clearly saw you yesterday in brentwood. you have betrayed the st louis name. for shame. but man, i can't wait to change my location...

Peter said...

Hah, yeah I figured I'd forget later so when I was changing my picture I was like, "Meh, I'll be there in a week so why the hell not?"

But yeah. I'm proud of the Mormons for this one. :)