Monday, November 29

5h0071n6 my ph007

Sometimes I wonder why I put up with it. (I'm always wondering how.) Just when I thought things would get better, the situation swells to enormously painful proportions. I turned in 4 of my 5 college applications today. I was quite pleased until I realized that I needed to make 2 additional copies of the comon app ($3.60) and had formatted all 3 of my essays incorrectly. So now I'm poor(er), owe Byrne two bucks (never a pleasant thought), and have to reprint my essays with (luckily) minor adjustments. Meh, could be worse, right?

It is. My film project has snuck up on me. Apparently the final thing is due on Thursday, and I still have 1 movie and 4.5 journals to complete. And then Mr. Kesterman reminded our class today that our psychology projects are due next week! I've done little to no work on that as of today at 3:40 PM so I am in about 3 feet of trouble. And to top things off, on Thursday, which, I am just now realizing, is the same day my Engrish project is due, I will be going on a field trip to watch some pre-med slice open a living, breathing human being! Minus the living, breathing part. We're going to see firsthand the wonders of the human GI tract. If that's not beautiful I don't know what is. This is bound to smell (forgive my disrespect to the poor person we're cutting open) like shit. Shit and whatever it is they use to keep the cadaver fresh.

Well, I came to school hoping for a good day. It was supposed to start out well. I'd edit my Kesterman footage and it would be the second story on today's broadcast. I should not have been so naive. The working camera (the other was in a sledding accident at Fo Po over the break) arrived at school 15 minutes to show time, and the editing process did not go as smoothly as I'd hoped. I ran upstairs with the editor and the camera just as the broadcast was about to (or supposed to) begin. The broadcast went well enough but the anchors weren't given enough prep time for my story so it's been pushed off to next broadcast.

Well, I suppose I'll survive this week. I just need to watch a movie, do some journals, buy (and read) The Intuitionist. It won't be too bad. Ah, shit. Exams are in 13 days. Oh and I have a calc test tomorrow! I'd better get to studying for that.

l473r.

No comments: