Sunday, November 14

pr0l4p53d WH47?!!11/?

I am really glad I have 73h bl06 as an outlet for my anxiety and rage towards all college- and high school-related work, because there's a lot of both anxiety and work. This weekend for instance I had planned on watching Citizen Kane for my movie project, finishing two of my applications, starting another, and completing a quality Engrish essay. I have yet to so much as rent the movie, the two applications are far from complete, the third is still only saved as a pdf on my computer and the Engrish essay is wasting away on my desktop and its quality has declined with each line. I did watch The Incredibles on my birthday though and that was well worth it. We had planned on watching it at 7:30, but of course its high level of awesometude caused it to be sold out, so we went to The Bread Co for a while and then came back for the 9:15 show. The theater is currently under massive reconstruction and right now it looks like crap but hopefully it'll look better when they cover the concrete and asbestos with some combination carpeting and wallpaper.

Yesterday, I woke up at 11:30ish which was really nice because I think I got close to 12 hours of sleep when the entire week before I had gotten 5ish hours per night. I worked on my Engrish essay on Gatsby and Ragtime (two really good books which you should read; Ragtime in particular is very good and even has a musical version which I hope to see at some point). Then I was lured by Lily the Good (who henceforth shall be known as Noah) to our high school soccer game. Apparently it was some very important game for our team, so they were probably very disappointed when they lost. I drove Noah, Franz, and Fleaboy to the game from Noah's house. I had expected more people to come but apparently St. Joe's Mission Week was taking up everyone else's time so we were the only ones who could make it. Anyways, the game itself I thought would be really cold, but luckily there were so many drunken, cheering high schoolers massed together that we created enough body heat to warm the bleachers. As I said earlier, my school's team lost. Sadness filled my heart. For about 5 seconds. I'm so full of team spirit. Oh yeah and the people there do NOT know how to drive. They're all so agressive and drunk; luckily my car came out unscathed.

Oh yeah and Friday, my birthday, none of the senior teachers showed up for some reason. This only happened for me in theology; my teacher left for periods 4, 5, and 6 but was there for Toots'/COTU's first period class. COTU was really happy about that, of course. But Linhares' absence was completely arbitrary as far as I know. But I dunno, maybe his lip split open again. BackLived and Byrne only had 2 classes that day so clearly there was something going on with all the teachers. CLEARLY. But it was nice because I didn't do anything and I consider that my birthday present from the school. Of course now I have a butt-load of work to do in the next 9 hours, but that's all fine 'n dandy. But now I must be off to do that work. Until I blog again...

l473r.

No comments: