Wednesday, December 27

Somewhere Between Waking and Sleeping

As excited as I was to come down to MO for a break, I think I am already tired of it. Could just be boredom. Eh.

In the early morning (at 7:51 to be exact) I was woken up by my vibrating phone. I didn't recognize the Boston number so I didn't answer. When the voicemail arrived, I discovered it was a coworker asking if I'd be willing to come in today to cover for some people who couldn't come in. This is the last person I spoke with before leaving for the T home. He in fact made fun of me for having to lug my suitcase to the T station. Why he thought calling me would be a good idea is beyond me.

I went to the hospital today to see my ailing grandfather. He's not in the best of shape, but he looked better than I expected. He didn't move much in his bed and his speech was slow and slurred, but he honestly doesn't look that bad. In fact, he looks considerably better than when I last saw him. Anyway, he seemed really happy to see my father and me. He really liked the nurse that was helping him and the (cute) minister who came to visit and pray with him. Luckily no one saw me roll my eyes when the minster offered to pray with him. I suppose the most awkward moment was when he asked if I'd been with/had any girls in Boston waiting for me to which I simply said "no" with a rather ambiguous smile which he can interpret however he likes.

No comments: