Tuesday, May 1

iGoogle and Madness


I'm under a lot of stress right now. 10 pages of stress plus research. I only just decided on the topic of this paper an hour ago. (I'm already 1/10 done!) Anyway, I decided to take a study break to show and tell you how much I love Google's recently renamed iGoogle. I've used it for a while but could never figure out the last /ig bit. What's really neat (aside from the plethora of widgets available) are the themes ("styles") to make it look pretty. I'm currently in love with this adorable little fellow who plays in his pond with the frog king every day. So the moral of the story is, change your homepage.

Also, now when you create new tabs on the page, it will add widgets associated with the title of the tab. For instance, I just created a "School" tab and it added wikipedia, google translator, and a calculator widget. While many of these have since been rendered useless by Quicksilver, it is the thought that counts. (I do like and use the to do list and Shakespearean insult widgets.)

No comments: