Tuesday, February 20

Customer Service

This is a wonderful little conversation between a customer service rep and someone who bought a car. As an added bonus, it's set up as if the person bought a car the same way most people buy a computer. It makes me wonder how after 20 years of PCs showing up in more and more homes, people still know less about the computer they use daily than they do about something ultimately irrelevant like the number of RBIs of every pitcher in major league baseball.

Helpline: "General Motors Helpline, how can I help you?"
Customer:"Hi! I just bought my first car, and I chose your car because it has automatic transmission, cruise control, power steering, power brakes, and power door locks."
Helpline: "Thanks for buying our car. How can I help you?"
Customer: "How do I work it?"
Helpline: "Do you know how to drive?"
Customer: "Do I know how to what?"
Helpline: "Do you know how to DRIVE?"
Customer: "I'm not a technical person! I just want to go places in my car!"
[more here]

No comments: