Sunday, February 26

Queer as Folk: The Fugly Season

On May 9, the Final Season of Queer as Folk will be released on DVD. I'm kind of excited. Episodes 1-11 were uploaded to youtube.com so I've seen most of it. I'm glad Showtime either hasn't found out about that or has and is allowing it. It's a great way to promote the show since anyone can watch it for free if they don't mind the shitty video quality. It's a smart marketing move if Showtime knows about it. Now (for persons such as myself who don't get the channel and have only seen about 10 episodes of the final season) I can pay for high quality video of the final season after seeing half of it online.

There's just one problem. The distributors changed the box art from this gorgeous piece of art:
To this piece of shit:
It looks like it was thrown together in five minutes on M$ Paint. I'm really pissed that they'd try to put something like that on the shelves and expect people to buy it. I'm seriously considering not buying it at all because of the atrocious cover design. I can deal with sub-stellar DVD box designs. I'm not a fan of season one's DVD case, but it's not ugly by any means. Hopefully they'll go back to the original design before the release.

No comments: