Thursday, February 2

78th Oscar Noms

It's almost time to hand out fake awards that only serve as a means of hollywood political expression! Yay!

Best Picture Nominations (really the only award anyone cares about):
  • Brokeback Mountain (Focus Features)
  • Capote (UA/Sony Pictures Classics)
  • Crash (Lions Gate)
  • Good Night, and Good Luck. (Warner Independent Pictures)
  • Munich (Universal and DreamWorks)
I'm really surprised Crash is on that list. That has a lot to do with the fact that I completely forgot how recently the movie was made. Superb film though. Well deserving of the nomination. I think it's really going to boil down to Capote and Brokeback. I have yet to see the former but I've heard very good things about it. I haven't been out to see a movie in a bit. I should see some of these oscar nominations cause right now I feel my opinion is totally invalid.

No comments: