Saturday, May 13

Safari Graphite

Okay so another very minor thing that bothers me about Safari's GUI is that even though I have Tiger's theme set to Graphite, the navigation buttons in Safari are still blue. Bad. So, I futzed around with my LiveQuartz and now I've got a little home-made present for you. This is a zip file of the pressed/clicked navigation buttons used in Safari. To use them, find Safari in Finder. Control click to reveal the popup menu and select "Show Package Contents." Open Contents > Resources. Then, in case you ever decide to go back, find the images contained in the Resources folder with the same name as the images in the zip file. Duplicate them and back them up in your Library folder or whever you like. Then drag the images in the zip file into the Resources folder. Voila. Graphite.

Procrastination, caffeine and boredom are a terribly lethal trio.

(You can use the "Show Package Contents" to look at the guts of any application. It's really fun to do. There are some features I've found in Safari and iChat which have yet to actually be implemented. Perhaps stuff being saved for Leopard?)

No comments: