Friday, October 8

Fresh out of Coke

WOO! This is an incredibly good week indeed. Mr. Coke was kicked off of cross country this week! Yay! No more will he disgrace everything our team stands for with his childish antics. Justice may be blind but when Coke kept throwing twigs, acorns and "poopdicks" at her, she played a little game of pi�ata (and won!) What happened was that he skipped last Saturday's race for his girlfriend's dance after he asked coach if he could do so and was denied permission. Then on Tuesday(ish) coach yelled at and de-teamified him. Our team is once again worthy of the respect of the other teams in the area.

During practice today I helped my coaches prepare for the next meet. I had to go to the art department to get poster board and that made me sad at first. I miss my drawing classes. I got over that in a few seconds however when I walked in the art room and saw not 1, but THREE iMac G5s. My jaw pretty much dropped because they've only been out for less than a month I think, and then suddenly three of the gems were staring me in the face. But they were so incredibly beautiful, so unbelievably compact that I couldn't resist hugging one of them. Now I've got a sexual harassment lawsuit to deal with, but it was worth it.

Anyways, I came back to the Coach's Commons (why is there a massive TV and a comfy couch in there? Kinda suspicious, though not nearly as bad as the nurse's office. His office looks like the office of a well-paid clinical psychologist complete with leather chairs and modern colorful bubbly things whose soul purpose is to exist and waste water and electricity. Yeah that guy is clearly overpaid.) and coach tells me to turn the posterboard into a grid for team results. I'll have to remember to do the math on how big the grids should be next time because I ended up erasing and redoing it twice. I probably didn't need to the second time, but it didn't look right and I'm a perfectionist when it comes to designing pretty much anything. I didn't want it to look like crap (it did anyways) and it needed to be the right size so that it could be seen from a distance. Well, the coaches are stuck with what I gave them: a rushed and somewhat shabby "spreadsheet" and a pencil which lost 90% of its eraser in battle.

The rest of this week has gone fairly smoothly despite the usual high concentration of tests in the week before exams. I've got my psychology exam tomorrow because apparently it isn't important enough of a class to make it on the real exam schedule. Of course that means I don't have to show up on Tuesday next week until almost 10, so I'm quite happy. I'm not expecting any exam to be particularly difficult. Probably the most difficult part of next week as well as the following weeks will be finding the time to watch movies. I've got a film project to do and I have to watch 10 classics by December 1.

Movies I'll be Watching:
  • The Godfather
  • The Godfather 2
  • Citizen Kane
  • Casablanca
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
  • The French Connection
  • To Kill a Mockinbird
  • Duck Soup
  • The Manchurian Candidate (not the DJ Shpazzlemasta DanceDance Remix)
  • Apocalypse Now
Sorry, Audrizzle. No Blue Velvet for me. But I'm really excited about this project despite the fact that it's going to sextuple my workload. Oh well. It'll be worth it. I hear they're pretty good movies.

Back to work for me. Tests, quizzes and an SAT to come. I miss having weekends.

l473r.

No comments: