Friday, October 8

4N 3N6R15H D4Y

Yowza. Today was an incredible day. Pysch test: finished it in 20ish minutes and got to have the rest of the period off. Then in anatomy, while we were reviewing for the exam, some members of our class took it upon themselves to do the world a great service and take pictures of an unsuspecting plumber (you know what I mean) and then brushed it with a piece of paper. The good news: the kid with the camera phone got the paper brushed in his face by one of his accomplices. Then I burned my activity period in The Shrine chatting with Magistra et al. about politics and the Latin Club (rather paradoxical conversations).

Then came the highlight of my day and certainly of my high school Engrish class career. I walk into the classroom, anxious that my teacher might collect some 7 journals we've done over the course of the year and all of which I left at home. He came in the room and said we'd get to the movie quickly because we needed to finish it today. Before we started, he handed back the first set of essays a la advanc� de pla��mente. I was expecting a B+ if I was lucky, but probably closer to a C simply because I seem to have on my head a curse which causes me to begin each year of Engrish piss-poorly until I work my way up to A- ish. I had no reason to believe that American Lit would be any differnt. I am elated to announce that the curse has been lifted! I got a 95, which, thanks to the Evil Engrish Grading Scale, rounds up to a C+. Luckily for me, Mr. Vespucci doesn't adhere to normal Engrish Dept. standards so I got an A. Not my first A on an English essay, but one of my highest and definitely a first time for the first essay of the year. I'm so incredibly excited about this! This will do wonders for my GPA, but I have a feeling my ego now has an inoperable, malignant cancer. I care not. Mr. Vespucci wrote on my essay that he liked my writing style too which I hope means he got the $60.24 and complementary jar of dil pickels I included with my essay and will continue to grade my essays as well as this one. If not, I'll make sure he doesn't sleep well for a week.

Well after getting our essays back we finished Chinatown which is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I highly recommend it if you're into dark, film noir, crimey movies (like Resevoir Dogs or Zoolander). It has a lot of plot twists so all I can tell you without ruining it is that it's about a guy who meets a lady and stuff goes horribly wrong. People start dying. Noses start bleeding. Shoes get lost. Shit hits fans. Chaos is come again. Watch the movie. You'll enjoy it.

Back to school now. Maybe I'll finish this blog entry some time soon.

l473r.

No comments: