Thursday, April 12

Creeps Me Out / Year Zero

Jeez, I have no idea how I missed this one. Ima Robot is a great band out of LA. I think they sound a little like the Buzzcocks's early stuff. Anyway, they came out with an album last year which I somehow didn't hear about. I haven't downloaded the full album yet, but the lead single Creeps Me Out is really fun. Feel free to sample / purchase here.

Also, if you haven't heard Nine Inch Nails' new single on their forthcoming album, do so. Very different from their previous stuff. Very good. I do suggest, however, that you be careful how you get it, because apparently the RIAA has a problem with viral marketing campaigns they sign off on. If you'd like to legally purchase Survivalism, do so here.

EDIT:
Hah! What a coincidence. Boing Boing just posted Reznor's response to the RIAA's ridiculousness. Read Year Zero's other satirical warnings here.

No comments: